Thursday, March 26, 2009

DD ~ EPCOT ~ Norway

This week's topic is
NORWAY

(I can't believe that this whole day has gone by and never once did I remember it was Thursday and I didn't to post Destination Disney!  I'm SO ashamed!)

Anyway, this week's theme is Norway, in the World Showcase section of EPCOT.  Norway is the 2nd country you come to if you walk around the World Showcase in a clockwise direction (which I prefer, since I'm lefthanded). 

The Maelstrom is a very popular attraction in Norway.  We missed out on it this past trip, as the line was VERY long.  It is the most "wild" ride in World Showcase, so I guess that's why it was so busy.  We have ridden it in the past, and I always get a kick out of the "surprise" on the ride.

This year, we had the pleasure of sharing Breakfast with the Princesses at Akershus in Norway.  It was one of the highlights of our vacation.  The food was just wonderful and the Princesses were just so friendly.  We had a blast!  Here's a picture of my kids with Mulan (we also met Belle, Snow White, Jasmine, and Aurora - but I'll save those pictures for later in the year when we discuss Character Dining):


Here's a picture of the buffet - the food was just delicious - on the buffet were all sorts of fruits and pastries (to die for strawberries and pineapple) - and they also brought platters of bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and yummy potato casserole to the tables:


While waiting to be seated for breakfast, we noticed Mary Poppins walking along the World Showcase Lagoon.  We didn't have time to meet her, so we were pleasantly surprised that she was still outside when we had finished our breakfast:


After meeting Mary Poppins, we wandered around Norway for awhile, and had our picture taken in front of the waterfall.  The second picture is our whole vacation party - us with our dear friends (it's one of my favorite pictures of our time together):



So what is it that you enjoy about Norway?  Do you try on the Viking hats?  Do you enjoy just staring at the Nave church (is that what it's called?)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails