Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wanchai Ferry frozen entrees

Thanks to MyBlogSpark, I had the opportunity to try a Wanchai Ferry frozen entree.  I must admit that, if I had just seen these items in the freezer case at my local  grocery store, I would have passed them up, thinking they were too expensive.  After trying one, however, I feel quite differently about them.

I am the only one in my household who likes Chinese food.  For that reason, I don't get it very often.  Sure, I could order take-out from the local Chinese restaurant; but it's about 8 miles away and seems rather inconvenient.  In the past, it's been my experience that frozen entrees are "just ok", nothing spectacular or "worth writing home about".  On Wednesday, I changed my mind about that.

I received (via FedEx) a box, containing this:



Thursday, at lunchtime, I decided to treat myself.  Before I received the package, I was told that "each frozen entrée has all the ingredients needed to prepare a great-tasting, complete Chinese meal for 2 in only 14 minutes! They come in five delicious flavors including Orange Chicken, Shrimp Lo Mein, Spicy Garlic Chicken, Sweet & Sour Chicken and Sweet & Spicy Shrimp. Additionally, all of the entrees have no added MSG! " The meal was quick and easy to prepare (I love that it comes with EVERYTHING you need for a complete meal); and, the  best part, IT WAS DELICIOUS! 

I put the whole meal out on a plate (to show off for you):

(gee, I wish I had used a fancier plate, instead of this old Corelle!)

Then, since it was a "meal for 2", I put 1/2 of it in a container (for lunch the next day) and put the rest in this:

(is that not the fanciest little Chinese lunch-at-home you've ever seen?!
If you want a set of your very own - see contest details below)

Let me just say that I was THRILLED with this meal.  It was simple to prepare, fun to look at, and yummy to eat.  The chicken, veggies, and rice were  good quality.  I was wondering what the second 1/2 would taste like the next day (because I've saved Chinese  before and I'm never as impressed the 2nd time around); but it was surprisingly yummy the 2nd day too.  At the grocery store yesterday, I purchased two more because, well, I deserve to treat myself once in awhile.  I'm just sayin ...

Have I made you hungry yet?  Are you ready to go out and try a Wanchai Ferry frozen entree for yourself?  You can find out more about them here - be sure to print out the $1.50 off coupon while you're there.  In the meantime, wouldn't you love to have this great service for 2 place setting (to serve your dinner in)?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails