Tuesday, November 10, 2009

more favorites and recent discoveries

I thought I'd share some of the things that are making me happy these days - along with some new discoveries that have made our lives simpler  (and/or more fun!). . .

First off, I bought this blanket at Wal-mart this past weekend (because I was returning this couch cover, which I would NOT recommend).  The website lists the price at $29.88 - if you're interested, you might want to check your local store - I got mine on sale for only $25.  Even though we have a queen-sized bed, I bought this blanket in the king size.  It's big enough and attractive enough to use as a bedspread.  It's light-weight but very warm and cuddly.  I love it!  (Maybe I'll actually take a real picture to share - once I get my bedroom painted and some new curtains on the windows!)

We're getting ready to do some painting at our house.  I've chosen a honey-colored paint for the dining room walls.  My mom and I went curtain shopping on Saturday.  I have these tie-back curtains in my bathroom and I love them!  I wanted something similar, with the same country-feel, in my dining room; but I didn't want the same pattern (thyme).  After looking at several, I decided on the saffron print this time.  I'll be going with the tie-backs again, but will also be adding valances to the top (our dining room windows are very long and the tie-backs alone won't cover them).  Again, hopefully I'll have pictures to share one day soon.

Do you have children with allergies?  Gracie has pretty much outgrown her asthma problems, but she still has times when she needs some allergy medication.  In particular, when she spends too much time with my parents (it seems she is allergic to their cat).  I've purchased the melt-in-your-mouth Benadryl for her and she seems to be fine with that.  Recently, though, I've discovered ZYRTEC® PERFECT MEASURE.  This stuff is awesome!  Ordinarily, I wouldn't go for a liquid medication for her, simply because I have to worry about finding a dosing spoon or something to measure it out with.  This is already premeasured in single-serving "spoons" - I just need to break off the seal and hand it over to her.  Perfect Measure is for children ages 6 years and up, is sugar and dye-free, and available in most major retailers. They are grape-flavored and Gracie gives them 2 thumbs up!  If you'd like to try it, I have several $3 off coupons - shoot me an e-mail and request one (be sure to include your full name and mailing address).  NOTE: I receive this product free as part of a Bzzz! campaign. My thoughts on it, though, are honest and true to our experience.

A few weeks ago, I realized that I had a sensitivity in my teeth (I'll admit, I was gritting my teeth while snuggling with my dog!)  I was glad when I got an offer to test some Sensodyne Iso-Active toothpaste.  I admit, I was a little skeptical at first.  How could a toothpaste help that?  But, after just a few days of trying it (once a day - I still use my regular toothpaste at night), I see great improvement.  It works!  If you have a sensitivity to heat or cold, or to gritting your teeth while you squeeze your dog or baby, you should seriously check this stuff out.  It comes out as a gel, but quickly turns into a foam with LOTS of great suds-action.  I'll definitely be buying more of this stuff!

And there's one more favorite that my kids have been enjoying lately (two, actually).  It is the Life on the Farm games by We R Fun.   We have both the original and the preschool versions (thanks to my work with the TOS Homeschool Crew, who will be reviewing these games here).  Though  I find the original version to be a bit long and tedious, Gracie just LOVES it.  And we're all impressed with the preschool version!  Ian is constantly saying "how about I set up my farm game for us to play?"  Too cute!  If you're looking for some high-quality, educational games for your family for Christmas, do check these out as options!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails