Monday, October 4, 2010

Tag! You’re It – I Want to Know…

Tristan from Our Busy Homeschool tagged me in this fun meme.  Here’s how the meme works: There are 8 questions for me to answer, and then I will tag 8 people to answer 8 questions I think up.  Here I go - - -

  1. What is one food or meal you love to eat that your family does not enjoy, so you don’t make it often?  Right now, I have a craving for Chinese food and I’m not really sure why – but I could do for a meal of General Tso’s or Sesame Chicken right about now.  And, the rest of my family HATES Chinese.  SO, if you’re reading this, you happen to be local, and you enjoy Chinese, give me a call and let’s make a date for some Chinese, ok?
  2. Tell me one thing you swore you would never do when you were a parent, but since having children of your own you have actually done.  Homeschool!  LOL  It’s  true.  I never would have thought that I’d homeschool my kids.  But, here we are . . . and I wouldn’t have it any other way.  I’m so glad that God orchestrates our lives in the way He sees fit, without asking us for our opinions (though sometimes it’s a hard lesson to learn).
  3. What character issue is God working on in your life right now?  I think He’s probably working on me in the areas of peace and contentment – and learning to be in a state of both, whatever my current circumstances. 
  4. What is your favorite household chore?  How about your least favorite chore?  My favorite is probably the same as Tristan’s – organizing and decluttering.  I only wish I had an unlimited amount of money to spend on this chore.  Living in a house built in 1929, we are lacking in storage space (which probably only means we have too much) but I’d love to go on a spending spree at IKEA and buy TONS of storage solutions!  My least favorite is probably dusting (if you come to my house, you can see that this is my least favorite – just putting that out there!)
  5. As a homeschool mom, what is one area you feel you do well in, and one area you struggle with?  I feel that I do very well with planning and getting ready for our year and purchasing or acquiring what will work  best for and with my kids.  I struggle with managing my time between school, work, and life – but, I’m happy to report that I am improving in this area. :)
  6. Would you rather eat health food or exercise regularly?  I’ve never been a good exerciser, so I’d much rather eat healthy food.  Which is something that I really need to be focusing on RIGHT NOW, so I can get back in my jeans from last year!
  7. What is one thing you love about your husband, and one thing that drives you bonkers?  I love that he’s willing to work long hours to support his family.  It drives me bonkers when he snores, though!
  8. When your kids all leave the nest what is one job you would like to try in all your free time? I want to work at Disney World – the happiest place on earth.  I’d kinda like to be the Fairy Godmother (but only for one day ) – then I’ll switch to working in a retail shop or being a castmember with the characters or something.  This would, of course, mean that I’ll be living in FL.

Here are the questions that I’d like to have answered (by the 8 people listed below).  My answers to these questions are in italics - - -

  1. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?  If so, how close to being finished are you?  I’d like to know your Christmas shopping personality.  I have not started my shopping yet, but I need to.  I hate shopping after Thanksgiving, and will probably end up doing any shopping that’s still needed after that time online.  Crowds irritate me.  Ideally, I like to start shopping right after the holidays and pack things away, but that didn’t work out this year. 
  2. Is there a particular field trip destination that you and your kids could (and do) visit over and over again?  My kids and I usually go to the Hershey Chocolate Factory at least once a year (sometimes 2 or 3 times).  And, we could go to Disney World over and over again.  Williamsburg is another favorite! 
  3. What is your favorite season, and why?  Normally I’d say fall – and I think it’s still my favorite though I find myself changing as I get older.  I do not like that it issues in winter, but I do so love the colors and scents, etc. that are associated with fall!
  4. Are you content with your home?  If not, what would you like to change (assuming money is not an issue)?  Currently, my area of “ugh” with my house is the kitchen – I’d love to be able to have it totally torn out and redone – it’s got a lot of wasted space and I’d love to see new cupboards, countertops (corian) and floors (tile).  I’d also like to have the hardwood floors throughout the house refinished.  They are old and in serious need of attention. 
  5. Do you have a dream  vacation destination?  Never really thought so, but lately I’ve been seeing other people’s pictures of Hawaii and it looks pretty nice!  I also would love a European tour.  And, of course, we hope to visit Vietnam again someday. 
  6. Do you have a favorite Bible verse?  If so, why is it your favorite?  We had to pick a favorite Bible verse for our school yearbook (yes, I went to Christian school) and I chose John 1:29, which is still one of my favorites: "The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, ‘Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world!’”
  7. Do you decorate your house for the seasons?  If so, do you have a specific treasured ornament or decoration?  I do.  But, I must admit that the older I get, the less excited I get about it.  When the holiday/season is over, I have to put everything away and I HATE that job!  I have an ornament that was a treasured favorite of my Nanny, so I treasure it also.  It’s a shiny green glass ball that plays Silent Night when you pull the string.  It barely works anymore, but it’s still special to me. 
  8. What one thing would you change about yourself if you were able?  I’d change my size.  ‘Nuff said. 

Here are the lovely bloggers I’d like to tag:

  1. Brenda @ Garden of Learning
  2. Jodi @ The Homeschool Desk
  3. Wendy @ Homeschool Blessings
  4. Becky @ There is Hope!
  5. Amy @ One Blessed Mamma
  6. April @ Elcloud Homeschool
  7. Denise @ Got Chai?
  8. Isabelle @ Canadianladybug Reviews

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I enjoyed reading your answers! Thanks for tagging me, and giving me a good post to write about, this will be fun. I love seeing how much we have in common, LOL!

Carrie said...

Hey, Heidi!! Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment! ;)

I think YOU have a fun-looking blog!! I look forward to getting to know you! Have a blessed day!

Wendy said...

Hey Heidi! Thanks for tagging me! It's too late to post tonight, but I will do it tomorrow. :) I really enjoyed reading the questions/answers above!

Breezy Point Mom said...

Heidi, I did work at Disney World, for four years. I was a salaried Castmember with a very responsible job working with their high voltage power systems. I worked right up until two days before my trip to Vietnam (where our group was with your group on the same day at the U.S. Consulate). So I know all about working for Disney World. Perhaps that has something to do with how I presently feel about WDW (I think you have an idea).

Related Posts with Thumbnails