Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Idea #10 – Wii games from EA

If you’re looking for some new Wii games to add to your collection this year, here are a few you might want to check out (all are available from EA Games).

61zCDeais0L._AA300_ Hasbro Family Game Night 3

In Family Game Night 3, discover endless family fun at the Family Game Night Theme Park!

Spin the wheel of fate in the GAME OF LIFE, find out “whodunit” in CLUE, get your groove on with TWISTER, trigger crazy chain reactions in MOUSE TRAP, or try your hand at YAHTZEE HANDS DOWN.

Enjoy classic and remixed versions of your favorite games, play with your own customized avatar, and challenge family and friends in online multiplayer (360 & PS3)!

Heidi Says . . . We previously tested reviewed Hasbro Family Game Night 2 (you can read our thoughts here).  I think that Family Game Night 3 is MUCH more fun!  We absolutely LOVE the Game of LIFE.  It’s probably my favorite as it’s very much like the traditional board game that I loved as a teen.  Mouse Trap is also fun, though it took me a little while to get onto it (we had never played that actual game version of this, so I wasn’t sure what the premise was).  Clue seems better left to a board game version.  Twister is more of a dance game this time around.  And Yahtzee Hands Down – well, I don’t really care for that one (but I think it’s because I’m a huge fan of the original Yahtzee dice game, so I would have preferred to see that version replicated for Family Game Night 3). 

I would have been willing to purchase this game package for LIFE alone.  One of my favorite features is the fact that after every turn it calculates your worth (financial total).  Though a typical homeschool mom may prefer to have her children tally their own money at the end, this busy mom is all about ease!

Ashley’s 2 cents . . . I like this game.  It’s much better than Hasbro Family Game Night 2.  My favorite game on this is LIFE.  It’s a lot like the real game and an old computer version of LIFE that we used to have and love.  I’d recommend this game to others.

Gracie’s thoughts . . . This game is pretty good, although Clue takes forever (even when you choose the Quick option) and Yahtzee Hands Down is confusing.  I like Clue (even though it takes awhile), LIFE, and Mouse Trap. 

This game can be purchased online at Amazon.com.

51ns9EGkoEL._AA300_ Monopoly Streets

To celebrate its 75th anniversary, the world of Monopoly comes to life through a living, breathing city that you can build, own, and monopolize. MONOPOLY STREETS has everything you love about the board game, presented as a street level tour of Mr. Monopoly’s fully animated world.

Engage in a head-to-head race to evolve the surrounding city, accumulate the most wealth, and own it all! Play against your friends live and online on Xbox 360 and PS3! Fresh takes on classic features such as property auctions, add new excitement to the classic play.

From the cheap motels on Baltic Avenue to the luxurious Boardwalk suites, there is excitement around every corner in this remade classic.

Heidi Says . . . I totally love this game!  My expectations were not very high, as we once had a computer Monopoly game that was horrible.  This Wii game is a blast!  When you first play it, you can choose between the Classic  board game or the Monopoly Streets version.  We’ve chosen that one every time we play and it’s a blast!  You can pick your game piece (a person is associated with each game piece) and as you watch them move around the board it’s so humorous.  We just sit and laugh! 

This game is a great family game.  There are lots of other game board options that you can unlock.  We’ve played several times now and have yet to unlock any of them, so I’m not sure when we’ll get to that point.  You can also unlock more game pieces/characters. 

I will definitely recommend this game.  It would make a great gift for a Wii-playing family on your Christmas list!

Gracie’s thoughts . . . I really like it.  The only thing I don’t like is that you cannot play it by yourself (there is not an option to choose to play against a computer player).  Sometimes nobody else wants to play, and I would like to play alone.  I like playing this game with my mom.  I like the Monopoly Streets version, but I wish we could get some of the other game board options unlocked. 

This game can be purchased online at Amazon.com.

51rhoY0QAxL._AA300_ Create

In Create, use your creativity and imagination to unlock a world of play!

Create tracks your creativity and rewards you for it. The more you create, the more you unlock rewards and exciting challenges to play, opening a world of fun as you go.

Let your imagination run wild, as you create cool environments with easy-to-use tools, including animating objects, textures, and designs that bring your scene to life!

It's a limitless experience of creative expression paired with exciting and even wacky challenges that have you thinking on your feet to come up with creative solutions.

Gracie’s thoughts . . . This game is unlike any other games we have. I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect with this game.  So far, I’ve only played this game twice; but it’s quite a challenge.  The tutorial is helpful, and gives you a good idea how to play the game. 

Heidi Says . . . I haven’t tried this one yet, but I’ve watched Gracie play and have tried to offer a few solutions for her.  This game looks like quite a challenge and seems like it will be the type of game that will grow with your child.  I’m looking forward to seeing how interesting this game can become!

This game can be purchased online at Amazon.com.

NOTE: I received free copies of each of these games in exchange for our use and honest review of them. I received no other compensation.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

These look like so much fun, and we sure could use some new family Wii games! And, now you have to tell me how I can review Wii games too! LOL! What a great deal you've got going there, my friend;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails