Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Idea #11 – Virginia Soaps & Scents

Two years ago, I was introduced to a  very special company and family.  I was given a sampling of products to review for The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine from Virginia Soaps & Scents.  (You can read my review here, and in the winter 2008-09 issue of TOS.)

conventions 025 I had no idea the blessings that would come about as a result of that review!  The following year, while serving as the Captain of the TOS Homeschool Crew, the Spargurs (from Virginia Soaps & Scents) introduced their products to the Crew – who, in  turn, introduced them to the internet world!  And, this past spring, I had opportunity to meet the Spargurs for the first time in Cincinnati, OH at the Midwest Homeschool Convention.  (Later on, we visited at CHAP in PA, and our families spent a day together in Colonial Williamsburg this fall.)

In addition to finding some awesome soap products, I made some amazing friends!  I treasure these people!  So, I want to share - - -

If you’re looking for some hand-made gifts for your family this Christmas, consider the great products by Virginia Soaps & Scents.  Some new things in their product line are the liquid soap/shampoo.  Richelle gave me a sample of this soap when I saw her in September and I LOVE IT!  The scent is mild, and the soap lathers up very well.  I e-mailed her to ask if they had started producing it to sell yet, and sure enough they have.  You can find it here.  As the website states, it is highly concentrated – so it will last a LONG TIME! 

Christmas Soaps are available now in Wild Bayberry, Pumpkin Spice, and Peppermint.  I know it’s too hard to choose, so I’d suggest going with the Trio Gift Pack and getting one of each!  My mom and I never buy just one bar of soap – we always go for the gift sets!

My Ashley loves the Lip Balms from Virginia Soaps & Scents!  And, I confess, I’m just slightly addicted to the Moisture Creams.  My absolute favorite is the Peaches & Cream scent (which I received as part of my very first review).  I also have the Coconut Lime Verbena (which definitely rivals Bath & Body Works!) and Gracie enjoys the Oatmeal, Milk & Honey (this stuff works wonders on her very dry skin).

And one more  thing I must brag upon is their laundry products.  I was always curious about homemade laundry soap, but never tried it until receiving the kit from Virginia Soaps & Scents.  Ever since, we’ve been making our own laundry soap.  We’ve tried laundry bars available at local stores (such as Fels Naptha, and even Ivory).  But, I keep going back to the ones from Virginia Soaps & Scents.  I much prefer the texture, appearance, and fragrance of my laundry soap when I use their bars, and I swear that it makes our clothes cleaner (and our whites whiter). 

So, check out Virginia Soaps & Scents for yourself.  Please tell them that Heidi sent you!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I just gave a bar of their soap in a gift package last night at a party for homeschool moms! Their products are great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails