Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - 6

HSMJgraphic

In my life this week...

We had a slow week this week.  It’s amazing how much your life changes when you don’t have access to a 2nd vehicle. When I did have to get out (for music lessons, etc.) I was at the mercy of my parents. 

We’ve all been feeling very stir-crazy.  I think it’s cabin fever and/or the winter blues.  Are they the same thing?

As much as I tried to fight off this flu that’s been making it’s rounds at our house the past 2 weeks, I ended up with it yesterday.  Ugh!  I hate the flu.  

In our homeschool this week...

Not much to report.  It was a “bare minimum” type week.  I’ve been sharing how I love our approach to history this week.  We watched several movies that related to the 1930’s – one was Gone With the Wind.  We still have a lot of fun stuff to do relating to that time period this coming week.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We finally got out of the house today.  I had won 2 free tickets to the PA Garden Expo – we had planned to go on Friday, but then Ashley had to babysit, so we put it off, planning to go Saturday (yesterday).  Then, I ended up with the flu.  So, we went today.  It turned out to be a really nice day – with temps reaching the mid-50’s – so I’m glad we waited.  

My favorite thing this week was...

Getting out of the house as a family today.  We also went to look at at potential new vehicle (which Brian and I might go back to test drive tomorrow), and to BJ’s.

What's working/not working for us...

Gracie is loving Greek ‘N Stuff.  I don’t even have to work with her and she’s learning Greek!  I love Greek!

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

I can’t really think of any, at the moment.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

winter 2010 114
winter 2010 128
winter 2010 132

Some pictures from the Garden Expo --- lots of ideas there! 

5 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't avoid the flu. :( Glad that you were able to get out of the house and enjoy the garden show. Love that fountain with the large pots.

Michelle Smith said...

The flu is never fun, Heidi. In some ways, I think it is easier when you have a different person sick every day rather than multiple people sick at once. Though, as you know too well, that can lead to cabin fever.

And every mom I know who has had a stage with only one working car has not enjoyed that, either. Some of them have learned patience and thankfulness, but generally it is not fun. I pray the Lord will provide what you need there.

I am very glad you felt well enough to get out today. The photos taken at the garden show are gorgeous! I am ready for spring, too--and today felt like it with temps in the mid 70's here. :)

Unknown said...

I feel your one vehicle pain! We've been one vehicle since Thanksgiving and just yesterday an older gentleman in our church loaned us his vehicle for a couple of days... oh the freedom I have! ; ) Funny thing, I haven't gone any where today, I just like knowing I could go if I wanted to... ; ).

Hope your family is all done with the flu now!!

Wendi said...

Sorry you weren't able to avoid the flu...for me the worst seems to be just waiting for it to hit me. Hopefully the bug is gone from your house now :)

Jodi said...

The flu is the worst! I'm so sorry you were sick, but glad that you were still able to make it to the garden show! I enjoyed seeing your pics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails