Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Top Ten {Tuesday} UPDATE

I was planning on posting a Top Ten {Tuesday} of things I’m looking forward to – but as I was visiting some old Top Ten {Tuesday} posts, I can across THIS ONE, and thought it would be fun to post some updates.  So, here are my thoughts on this “wish list” of things I was wanting to buy (if money were no option, of course!):

Top Ten {Tuesday}

1. A Kindle.  This little baby is going to be a reality soon – thanks to a very generous gift from my Homeschool Crew and the $5 gift cards I’ve been collecting from Swagbucks.  Oh, Kindle, you are very soon to be mine! 

Got it!  And I didn’t have to pay one red cent for it.  That’s always exciting!  The Kindle is an amazing gadget.  I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about e-books, but it’s come in very handy for our schooling, and I’m very much looking forward to taking it on some trips with us this year.  How much better a little gadget than a big stack of books?! 

2. A new camera strap.  I’ve found some on Etsy that I really, really like.  It’s just so hard to choose!  I know two things for sure --- (1) I want a real strap, not a cover and (2) I want one with soft, furry stuff at the neck.  If you happen to know anyone who makes these lovely things and would benefit from a review, please send them my way – it’s a win/win!

164893_181017755262966_181003878597687_487326_8354309_n I finally broke down and ordered myself a camera strap.  I ordered this one from Sassy Strap.  Fun, isn’t it?  I haven’t received it yet, but hopefully it will arrive soon!  I can’t wait to try it out on my camera.  I ordered it with the quick-release option and already I’m thinking I might want to order a 2nd strap.  This could turn into an addiction!

3. The Little House on the Prairie – Special Edition Movie Boxed Set.  We’ve watched all 9 seasons – as of yesterday – and now we need to finish up that series with the movies.  Otherwise, season 9 ended rather oddly, if you ask me.  I’m hoping the movies will redeem that. 

Haven’t gotten this one yet. 

4. The Waltons Movie Collection.  We finished all the seasons of the Waltons quite some time ago and have been sitting on this set in our Amazon cart for some time.  Again, we really need these movies to wind up the series a little more “cleanly”. 

Got it!  When I ordered my Kindle, I had some extra Amazon gift certificates, so I just added this onto my order.  I’m glad I did!  We enjoyed watching these movies together as a family. 

5. A new purse.  I have a friend who makes the most amazing purses and I’m thinking I just may have to commission her to make me a new one because I’m just in the mood for a new, wonderful, unique to me purse.  Man, if I was rich, I’d just order this one.

400001607374 I didn’t even remember posting this!  Though it’s not the exact one that I linked to, I am just beyond thrilled because I WON a Disney Dooney & Bourke purse last week and it arrived in my mailbox YESTERDAY.  Needless to say, I’m just a teeny, tiny bit excited about this!!!

6. Since I’m getting a Kindle, I’m going to need some sort of sleeve or cover for it.  Why are they so stinkin’ expensive on Amazon?!  Once again, I may look to Etsy.  Anyone need a review?!

A friend of a friend makes Kindle cases and is going to send me one of her creations to review.  I hope it comes before our Florida trip!

7. Even though I just added a pair of fuzzy Crocs to my shoe collection, I’m going to have to add a regular pair again.  Mine are getting worn out and though they’re fine for around the house, etc. I want new ones for Disney World.  Come to think of it, I do have a brand new pair of Crocs flip-flops in my closet.  But, I still need more.  I’m living dangerously here – I’d like a whole rainbow of colors and styles!

No new Crocs – yet.  But I WILL have a new pair soon.  Because walking all day at Disney and/or standing all day at convention is definitely cause for comfy shoes!

8. All 5 seasons of Psych on DVDBecause we’ve watched the first 4 seasons on Netflix and are DYING to see season 5.  (This is really Ashley’s wish, but I’m seriously running out of ideas – guess I’m a pretty simple girl.)

Ashley bought seasons 3 & 4.  Does that count?  We ended up switching to Monk and loved it too.  We watched all 8 seasons of that on Netflix.  Now we’ve moved on to some reality-type shows, such as Man vs. Food and Pantry Raid.  LOL

9. And since this is just dreaming . . . I’ll take a Toyota Camry in Blue Ribbon or Barcelona Red.  But, I’ll wait and get it AFTER I get home from Florida in my van.  LOL

Hmmm . . . does a Toyota Sienna in Blue Mirage Metallic count?! Who knew, back when I wrote this original post, that I was going to find myself in need of a new vehicle?! 

10. I’m running out of ideas and livin’ large here – how about a timeshare and/or membership in the Disney Vacation ClubI’ve got to fuel my Disney habit a bit more . . . .

This isn’t exactly the Disney Vacation Club – but we ARE going to Florida in May and we ARE staying at a Disney resort – for the first time EVER.  So, yes, I think that counts.  We’ll be staying 3 nights at the Port Orleans Riverside (yippee!!!) and a week at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort. 

With the exception of a few small(er) things on this list, I’m doing pretty darn good if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails