Monday, April 25, 2011

What we do with character autographs . . .

mickey-mouse-10 This week’s Destination Disney topic is on character autographs and what to do with them.  You can find the original post (where you can link up) here.

When we took Ashley to WDW for the first time, we purchased an autograph book for her.  I don’t recall if we got it in the park or bought it beforehand.  She still has it among her collection of “must keep memorabilia”.

A few years later, when we took Gracie to WDW for the first time, I decided to do something different.  So we went to Wal-mart before our trip and purchased 2 albums (one for each girl) like this:

Spring 2011 120
(this is Gracie’s)

We took a spiral-bound autograph book along on that trip and got the character autographs on that.  I took pics of the girls with each character too.  So, when we  got home, we were able to combine the 2 things on a page, like this:

Spring 2011 121 Spring 2011 122

Some pages just have pictures and some pages have “extra” stuff, like this:

Spring 2011 123

We were gifted with an autograph book to use for Ian first trip:

Spring 2011 117

Spring 2011 118 I know lots of people have clever ideas of what to do with their autographs, such as having the characters sign a pillow case, t-shirt, or hat.  I’ve also seen people take a photo mat along for the characters to sign – then use it to display a nice Disney photo (LOVE this idea, but not so sure I’d want to lug the mat around the parks with me).  What other ideas do you have or have you used?

Spring 2011 119 I don’t know that we’ll do much with character autographs on our next trip.  My kids are more into pin-trading these days (though we’ll still take the time to meet some characters, I’m sure!)  But, that’s a topic for another day – maybe even next week!

2 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Heidi
Love the spiral bound autograph book idea. Like how you can slot all keepsakes inside safely. My daughter loved getting the Epcot passport filled out on our 1st and 2nd visits. She did the pin traidng this time. We had a great trip. I posted pics on my facebook but will not be putting them on my blog.
Lindsay
x

Mikki said...

We've done the same thing - taken the autograph and scrapbooked them with the pictures of the girls with them.. I love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails