Monday, July 4, 2011

My family on a magazine?!

As part of the Ultimate Blog Challenge, I receive daily e-mails containing ideas for blog posts.  In yesterday’s e-mail, one of the suggestions was “If you (or your family) were to be on the cover of a magazine, which one would it be and why?”  In all honesty, I kinda shrugged that suggestion off – it sounded like it would require  too much thought. 

/

But, the whole point of the Challenge is to be meeting and mingle with new bloggy friends.  One of my new friends shared a link to a website to create your own covers, and the rest is history (well, maybe not history, per se, but you get the point).


Seriously, could there be a magazine cover any more perfect for my family?  (Well, maybe there could, but still!)  I love the  byline on this one – CHEAP people, CHEAP places, CHEAP experiences.  Yep, that’s pretty much us in a nutshell.  Over the years, we’ve learned how to save for trips and do things very inexpensively.  As a matter of fact, I talked about this very thing in the past 2 weeks’ Destination Disney topics (Disney on a Budget and Ways to Save for Disney).
 
The photo on the magazine cover above was taken at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, after enjoying a wonderful character breakfast at the Cape May Cafe. We took the photo ourselves using my camera’s automatic timer.  (The picture snapped directly after this one contains a family pedaling by in a surry! LOL)
 
Can anyone guess which headline I added to the magazine cover?
 
How about you and your family?  Which magazine would you be on?  Please share!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the cover! I'd like our family to be on the cover of a travel magazine! That would be cool! :-)

April

Angela said...

I LOVE this, how cute! I will have to be thinking about a magazine for us~ Fun, Fun, I'm loving the UBC, it is great meeting new people and old ones too, wink!

Angela

Unknown said...

This magazine cover looks amazing! I love your Disney on a Dime idea :)
Your family is so cute.

CharlotteT said...

Haha I love this! My family would probably be on the cover of a TV magazine, as we wouldn't be able to live without our programmes! ;D

Michelle Shaeffer said...

Too fun!! I love the magazine cover photo.

Off to explore your blog - my daughter has been begging to go to Disneyland so I need to subscribe and stick around. :)

Kim @ In Our Write Minds said...

Cute idea! Your comment just has to be the Disney one. :)

Traci said...

Very cute! I am all for cheap travel as well and it is important to remember that cheap can equal a rich experience!

Cathy said...

Great magazine cover and great post idea.

Unknown said...

I think we'd make the Inquirer ;-)

Last but not least - I found Edna!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails