Monday, November 7, 2011

2011 Gratitude Challenge-November 7

This morning, as I’m sitting at the dining room table looking out over my very frost-covered back yard, I’m thankful for my house.  Over  the years, I’ve  gone through various stages of being very discontent with this house.  It’s an old house (built in 1929) so it definitely has it’s quirks.  But, on the flip side, it has some neat perks as well – such as the gorgeous woodwork throughout and the “personality” that comes with older homes. 

Despite the fact that there’s essentially no insulation in this place (except for Ashley’s attic  bedroom which was converted a few years back), it does provide a place for us to be comfortable and semi-warm.  And with the economy being what it is these days, I’m extremely thankful for our rather small house payment.

5 comments:

Wonder Mom said...

Oh, I LOVE older houses!  You need to post pictures...

Rodna said...

When we first got married, we lived in a trailer that had no heat, no hot water, and the bathtub had fallen through! So glad we are not still there. lol

griffinbellasmom said...

Oh, I love old houses.  We built ours 8 years ago and i really want an old farm house.  Wanna trade?  LOL

Ingolddebs said...

Oh how I love old houses. I guess that is why I am so thankful for the home we now have, though it is old it still holds that charm that only a farm house can hold. 

Vickie said...

I love old farm houses as well. There is such a charm in them. But having lived in a few....I totally understand what you are saying about the lack of insulation. Brrrr.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails