We don’t have cable tv at our house, so we often have no clue what is on tv. We have often said that we wish there was a cable or satellite company that would offer a program where you can pick and choose which channels you want to receive in your home. One that my oldest daughter would want would be the Game Show Network. She just told me that she could sit and watch game shows all day! I’m not sure if that’s good or bad!
In any case, we were recently told about a new show that is going to be premiering on GSN this Thursday, August 23rd, at 8pm (EST). It’s called The American Bible Challenge, and it’s hosted by Jeff Foxworthy (famous for his redneck jokes). The girls and I got to view a preview video – a behind-the-scenes “making of the show”. Now we’re wishing that we had cable so that we could watch the real thing tomorrow night!
Here is some more information about The American Bible Challenge:
Comedian and author, Jeff Foxworthy hosts this studio-based game in which contestants compete based on their knowledge of the Bible. Utilizing current as well as historical references, questions will be drawn from the rich, dense narrative found in the world's best-selling book. The contestants will share their compelling back-stories and each team will be playing for a charitable organization. The American Bible Challenge is produced by RelativityREAL for GSN, with RelativityREAL’s Tom Forman (“Extreme Makeover: Home Edition”) and Embassy Row’s Michael Davies ("The Newlywed Game," "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire") serving as Executive Producers on the project. Nick Stuart and Maura Dunbar of Odyssey Networks are Consulting Producers.
And about Jeff Foxworthy:
Comedian Jeff Foxworthy is the largest selling comedy-recording artist in history, a multiple Grammy® Award nominee and the best-selling author of 11 books. Widely known for his redneck jokes, his act goes beyond that to explore the humor in everyday family interactions and human nature.
What appeals to us about this show:
- I think it’s high-time that Americans get “back to basics” – our company was founded on the Bible, yet we have strayed so very far away from those foundations.
- I love that the creators and producers have combined something so important and foundational with something fun! Jeff Foxworthy states that he believes that God wants us to laugh – and I totally agree! What better way to learn the Bible than by having fun!
- The contestants are playing for charities or ministries. You’ll be introduced to the contestants and have a chance to learn more about the charity or ministry that they have chosen to play for.
- I love the addition of the American Bible Challenge Choir – they sign the old, familiar hymns in an upbeat manner. Many churches have gotten away from singing these hymns, but there is so much value and worth in their words.
- I didn’t realize that Jeff Foxworthy was a Christian. We were impressed to hear about his upbringing, and the prayer group that he has been a part of for 15 years now. I’m glad that he is using his knowledge of the Bible to host this show!
Have you heard about this new show? What are your thoughts? Do you plan to watch Thursday night? If you would like to preview the behind-the-scenes video that we watched, you can do so here.
In honor of The American Bible Challenge Premier, I have an American Bible Challenge T-Shirt AND a Zondervan NIV Quest Study Bible to give away to one lucky reader! If you would like to win, please follow the Rafflecopter directions below . . .
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."