Friday, April 27, 2007

Penn's Cave

Today we went on another field trip. This time to Penn's Cave.......

The weather was not very cooperative this morning; and the girls and I were beginning to wonder if Brian has "a thing" for taking us places in the pouring down rain (those of you who have been reading my blog for awhile now may remember a certain wet trip to Williamsburg last fall! ) Gracie had her heart set on panning for gems; so, because the rain had let up for a few minutes, that was the first thing we did when we arrived. Here is a picture of her panning, and another of her and Ashley searching for "loot" (I love pictures like this):

This building was actually an old hotel and restaurant, but it hasn't housed guests since the early 1900's. The sign did say that Alexander Graham Bell was the most famous guest!

My pictures from inside the cave didn't turn out very well, so I won't bore you with those. We did have an interesting chat with our tour guide though. Seems he was told that the cave was formed 30,000 years ago! What's up with that?! Ken Ham, where are you when I need you?! Funny, I had just received my Spring Issue of TOS yesterday~ so I had taken it along to read on the way~ I had just finished up the interview with Mr. Ham right as we were pulling into the parking alot. Anyway, I think I gave him some things to think about~ turns out he had as many questions for us as we did for him!

Afterwards, we had supper at a place called Quaker Steak & Lube. I had seen the signs for it and we looked it up on the internet this morning~ it looked like fun so we decided to check it out. It claims to be "America's #1 Motor-Themed Restaurant". Lucky us~ we asked for non-smoking~ and got seated in the Corvette section! I just had to take these pictures for my Dad (the Corvette guy in our family):

Outside the restaurant, we got a few more shots:

And, as usual, we had 2 very tired little ones on the trip home:

It was a long day, but the rain did let up and it actually got quite sunny and warm. We had a fun time together as a family, and look forward to another field trip (or two) in May........

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails