Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Dressing for Macaroni or Potato Salad

It's been awhile since I've shared any recipes. When I'm asked to bring macaroni salad to a family gathering, this is my recipe of choice. I've tried others, but none of them come anywhere close to this one in yummy-ness (is that a word?!) This recipe is in our family cookbook and was actually shared by my cousin, who has since passed away.

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 T. vinegar
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1 pt. Miracle Whip (do not use mayonnaise)
1 T. mustard

Directions:
Heat eggs and vinegar in double boiler, stirring constantly until mixture becomes thick and lumps start to form (this is the "tricky" step as you want to make sure to remove it from the heat before it gets too thick!) Remove from heat and add other ingredients.

Optional add-ins: chopped onion, carrot, celery, parsley, celery seed.
(I prefer mine with chopped onion, carrot, and celery seed or salt (I don't like celery but I like the flavor it adds.)

*This recipes makes enough dressing for about 14-15 medium potatoes or not quite 1 pound of macaroni.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails