Sunday, January 6, 2008

Barbequed Beef Sandwiches

*We had these for lunch today and they were too yummy (and too easy) not to share the recipe! Now, I tend to be a "dash, pinch, and dump" type chef, so some measurements aren't exact (use your own judgement and/or taste).

INGREDIENTS:
3 pounds boneless beef chuck shoulder roast
2 c. ketchup
1 med. onion, chopped
1/4 c. cidar vinegar
1/4 c. dark molasses
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
dry mustard (or a squeeze of regular mustard)
salt & pepper, garlic powder~ to taste
2/3 c. brown sugar (because I think everything tastes better with brown sugar!)
Sesame seed sandwich buns

DIRECTIONS:
Place roast in slow cooker. Combine all other ingredients in bowl and mix well. Pour sauce mixture over roast. Cover; cook on LOW 8-10 hours or on HIGH 4-5 hours (I actually turned on my crock pot last night at 10 and cooked it through the night until 7:30 this morning.)
Remove roast from sauce; cool slightly. Trim and discard excess fat from beef. Using two forks, shred meat. (Mine was so tender that I couldn't even remove the roast from the sauce~ so I just shredded it right in the sauce and removed the fat while doing so.)
Let sauce stand 5 minutes to allow fat to rise. Skim off fat.
Return shredded meat to slow cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce. Adjust seasonings, if desired. Cover; cook ow LOW 15-30 minutes or until hot.
Spoon filling into buns and serve.

*I served this with a simple salad and mac & cheese (for the kids) and it was quick and easy.
*Though my hubby isn't a hunter and I'm not a huge venison fan, I think this would be an awesome way to use a venison roast also.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails