Friday, June 10, 2011

Coming this weekend --- Field of Vision!

For a family who made the decision to cut our cable many years ago, we’ve sure been blessed by the opportunity of previewing (before they are released) some of the awesome films that are being made for Family Movie Night (a joint effort on the parts of Walmart and Proctor & Gamble).  In the past, I’ve shared about A Walk In My Shoes and Truth Be Told.  It’s exciting to me that these companies have teamed up to produce good-quality family-friendly entertainment.  Our experience with these films has been extremely positive, and I’m always happy to share!

The newest film in the Family Movie Night line is Field of Vision.  You can watch Field of Vision with your family this weekend – Saturday, the 11th at 8pm (est).  In the meantime, here’s a bit about the movie:

Sometimes being a leader is tougher than winning

7 Through mysterious footage captured on an old malfunctioning video camera, Sinclair High School's star quarterback, Tyler McFarland, learns that some of his teammates have been bullying Cory Walker, a troubled new transfer student. 6 Aware that sharing this information with the coach might get his friends kicked off the team and ultimately cost the school the state championship, Tyler must choose what's more important: winning or doing what's right.

8 As these events unfold, the camera also reveals more surprising footage to Tyler's kid sister Lucy. She learns that Cory has a secret past, unknown even to him. Now Lucy must convince her mom (Faith Ford, Murphy Brown) and family that the 44 camera's revealing insight is not a product of her imagination as she enlists their help to find the answers Cory so desperately needs. It's a compelling and intriguing story that shows both the challenges and rewards of doing the right thing even when it's tough to do.

Ashley and I took some time this morning to sit down and preview this film.  I was very impressed, both with the cast of characters, and with the storyline.  While parts of it are very much “fantasy”, the main storyline contains several messages that need to be heard --- (1) it’s always best to tell the truth, and (2) bullying is wrong.

I especially enjoyed Faith Ford’s portrayal of the mom/guidance counselor.  Her tenderness toward her own children, as well as toward her students, was endearing and believable.  It was nice to see her character going the extra mile, so to speak, and really reaching out to help one student in particular. 

I don’t want to give away any more than that.  If you’re home with your family this weekend, and looking for some quality entertainment, I’d definitely recommend taking the time to watch Field of Vision together as a family.  It’s sure to stir up some good-quality discussions and maybe even a few tears (I know it did for me!) 

You can watch the trailer here. And, if you haven’t already done so, I’d recommend following Family Movie Night on Facebook.

NOTE: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I watched this movie it was really good. I noted the Christian undertones through the movie. :-) Hey Heidi do you live near Shippensburg? I am an hour away from there. :-)
Kelly

Related Posts with Thumbnails